New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sako Finnlight Freebore ???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello all! Smiler Anybody have any Idea if you can seat the bullet to the lands on a stock 300WSM Sako Finnlight and still be able to feed through the clip? I have a Tikka T3 Lite 300WSM and they have huge freebore and no way can you load to the lands and feed through the clip. I'm looking at the Finnlight the dealer has 1 comming in next week but if I cannot load to .008-.010 off the lands and still use the clip to feed I don't want it. Thanks for any help!

Posts: 113 | Location: no fixed address | Registered: 09 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NorthSniper, I have several, one of the original V actions with the blocked up magazine, and 3 on the SM action. I have specific loads worked up on all but one and although my recipe for each of these had me a fair bit back off the lands, I would have been able to seat them all the way there if I had chosen, and these rounds would have fit the magazine.

FWIW, all my short mag Finnlites shot best with a pretty large amount of jump to the lands. My #1 270 WSM is over .050 off. Just my experience FYI.

On the SM's it would have been really tight on the mag spacing, I wouldn't have liked them as close to the end of the mag as they were, but they did fit.

I don't know how consistent the chambering on these are, I purchased all 3 of my SM models at the same time, so maybe that had something to do with how close all of mine are....

Maybe the dealer would allow you to take some measurements before buying?

Good Luck---Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks fish for the info, I plan to make up some dummy rounds starting at the max COL 2.860 and maybe a COL 2.870 to try in the rifle. I hope the bolt will not close on the 2.860 COL this would mean I can reach the lands before going beyond the max length for the magazine. Smiler

Posts: 113 | Location: no fixed address | Registered: 09 August 2003Reply With Quote