New
Find
Notify
Tools

P-14 .375 H/H Conversion
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I want to make one. I have already done some P-14s, two 45-70s and a a 7mm mag. I have a couple of questions on the 375. First is the magazine box. Do you make it from scratch? Should it be the width of a double stack of 375 cartridges plus a little wiggle room. Someone make a decent one for a good price? How about a follower. Next the length. Take all of it off the back and leave the locking lug alone? A little from both ends?? I should be able to get the rails right on my own. Comments....

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
gunpartscorp has boxes. cheap.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jordan,if you can find a copy of Introduction To Modern Gunsmithing by Macfarland,he has a section on endfields that covers everything you want to know.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
if you have the rivited one, turn it inside out..

it's pretty easy to make from scratch, from 16ga steel... too easy, in fact, to not do it.

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did the same with mine by using the ramp and back piece just cut two new sides that are longer and rivet back together. Grining the rivets off with a small oilstone held flat worked fine. Also added a couple of tack welds but that alone would work as well.
Bought a new follower from a friend and used the same spring.
Frank

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote