Find
Notify
Tools

Bell & carlson Medalist
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 45otto
posted
Anyone have experience with the B&C medalist stocks? Thinkin about one for a MarkX in 300 magnum.

Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Posts: 439 | Location: Rosemount, MN | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
If the Medalist is the one with the aluminum bedding block, then I have used one. I put it on a 98 Mauser 416 Taylor and it worked great!

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi: I have a Bell & Carlson Medalist stock on my
Husqvarna .358 Norma Magnum. I will vouch for it, I get great, bragging rights accuracy from my .358 Norma Mag. The stock was for the standard Mauser
98 action...I had to scrub out the differences of the Husqvarna mauser version. Then, afterwards, it became one of my best shooting rifles ever. And it doesn't seem to recoil much, if it does its straight line & not a bother.
I would wholeheartedly recommend this stock! Its a real winner from my experience.
My .358 Norma Magnum will outshoot (accuracy) many small bore accurate rifle types. Before the medalist stock, it was Ok, but not exceptional. I could give this stock the highest praise, in my experience, it worked Super for me! Best Regards, Tom

Posts: 262 | Location: Wyoming, U.S.A. | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bell and Carlson stocks appear to have come a long way since their early introduction years ago. I still see remnants today of that very first Bell and Carlson stock I worked on many years ago. It was one of their "Carbalite" numbers. I had just finished opening the barrel channel and was in the process of removing the loose stuff with the air hose, when the entire paint job on the right side of the stock flew off and stuck to the wall of my shop. Big Grin If it would have only stuck that good to the stock! Big Grin

To be fair, I've recently seen their more current offerings, and the paint now appears to be sticking. Actually, for a composite stock, the one with the aluminum bedding block looks pretty good. Good luck.

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote