Find
Notify
Tools

What other buttstock fits an 11-48, 28 guage
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted
I have a 28 guage model 11-48 Remington that could use a new buttstock, before I take a bunch of shotguns apart to see for myself I thought I'd ask the experts.
What other buttstocks may fit 1100? 870? 11-87?
Any ideas appreciated please remember it is a 28 guage and appears to be slimmer trimmer than a 12 guage.
Thanks

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry. I just gave away my spare 11-48 buttsock to a friend. I believe that it is a unique piece. I bought it from one of the surplus outfits that sells old and odd gun pieces. A stockmaker could likely fashion one out of a 20-gauge 870 or 1100 stock. Won't be cheap, though.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
Just off the top of my head. I think that the 11-87 / 1100 stock should be interchangeable with the 48 and 11-48. But that's just a guess. I'm not sure with that fool 20 gauge lightweight. I always lose in bets between the lightweight and standard interchangeability. I hate freaks.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote