New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sling Stud ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What would you recommend I use to stop my sling studs from loosening?

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the sling stud in question is of the "wood screw" variety, degrease it and use epoxy. If it is the "machined" variety that threads into a nut in the forend, degrease it, and the nut, and use some loctite.

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What kind of studs (wood screw thread or machine screw/nut) and what kind of stock (synthetic or wood)?

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The ones I am having issues with are machine screw/nut and the stocks are synthetic.

I think there are different types of loctite available. Which strength should I use if that is the way to go?

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
The ones I am having issues with are machine screw/nut and the stocks are synthetic.

I think there are different types of loctite available. Which strength should I use if that is the way to go?

Red...

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since the chances of ever having to remove them is pretty slim I would go with the heavy duty stuff. If you think you might want to remove them at some point go with the Blue, Purple or Green...and if that doesn’t work go for the heavy stuff.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys