New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 piece stock duplicator & wood
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I need to find someone to duplicate a shotgun stock for me as well as a sorce for nice blanks. I've given up on trying to do anything with my photo laminated POS and have turned it into a pattern stock. GAC said they could do it but I'm not sure how confident I am what with all I've heard on this forum about them. I'd like to get some resources for wood and folks to duplicate my pattern. I like my little shotgun but it needs a new suit.
Thanks

Libertatis Aequilibritas

Posts: 570 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
Try George Peterson at Treebone Carving. Ha has done several lever actions for me and his work is great.

http://www.treebonecarving.com/

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
M1,
Thanks for the link. I'm going to call him tomorow. Will he use my pattern? I didn't see anything about shotguns on the site.

Libertatis Aequilibritas

Posts: 570 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Al Lind does stock machining on both one and two piece blanks. His email address is:
allind10@comcast.net. He is in Lakewood, WA. (253) 584-6361. He has machined several rifle blanks for me.

For blanks, Dressels.com has a big selection in several types of walnut.

Heritage Walnut sells blanks and semi-inlets for Beretta O&U's.
JIM BISIO
4545 SHOUP ROAD
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80908
(719)495-1805
bisioj@OurPeak.com

"There are only three kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I'll be calling this week. Gotta love the Dressel's wood!

Libertatis Aequilibritas

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhilly66:
M1,
Thanks for the link. I'm going to call him tomorow. Will he use my pattern? I didn't see anything about shotguns on the site.

He will do stocks from your pattern. He just did 2 Winchester 9422 stocks for my Dad and I using my stock for the pattern. He has done several stocks for me and they require very little final fitting.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote