New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mark X stocks - triggerguard inletting question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A friend of my dad's is selling one of these [stock], I am wondering if it will work for my 416 Taylor. The stock is from a magnum length rifle / action (I think it was 375) -- did they use a longer bottom metal / triggerguard unit, or will the stock inletting work for standard Argie hinged metal?

Anybody out there with a magnum Mark X who can tell me?

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Todd I think the Argie will fit.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Depends on how professional a job you want to do.
The front lip (from the front screw hole to the end of the magazine) of my Mark X is actually shorter than a standard Mauser magazine. The box portion is a little longer in the front on the Mark X. It should work by taking a little wood out for the front lip. My Mark X has a side mounted button to release the floor plate. There is a notch cut in the stock to let the button be pressed. Older Mark X's had the 1909 Argy lever in the trigger bow.

I just took a B&C synthetic and fitted a VZ24 to it. After opening up for the front lip the only issue is the notch for the release button and the Mauser box is a little short at the front corners. I filled mine with black epoxy.

Posts: 449 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd, the Mk X's also had a notch cut out of the stock at the rear tang for the safey, ala Remington style. The rest you can take wood out to make it work. This one is a hole.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote