THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Do you need the third action screw on a BRNO .458Lott?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you need the third action screw on a BRNO .458Lott?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just getting ahead of myself, but planning into the future.
I've decided to restock my .458Lott with a nice piece of walnut, probably California english since I like the contrast it has.

Also I plan to swap out the rear existing express sight, I may have to get rid of the base that holds it, meaning the extra anchor point will also be lost.

I imagine that the extra action screw probably doesn't hurt, especially when you've got a lot of recoil it should distribute it better, but if I get rid of it do I stand to lose anything?

Posts: 2286 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EXPRESS:
Also I plan to swap out the rear existing express sight, I may have to get rid of the base that holds it, meaning the extra anchor point will also be lost.

The integral rear sight base is a big plus IMO. You won't need more than one leaf on a 458 Lott, and it would be much simplier to have a new rear sight made to fit the existing base.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947