Find
Notify
Tools

colt officers model
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ted fries
posted
my son just drug a colt series80 officers model home and i set down to educate him about the colt sustem but woaaaaa.

the bushing is diff and the old plunger is wayyyy diff. question i have is...where do i find the tool that will depress and turn the plunger so as to release the spring wich will allow me to free the barrel for cleaning and inspection ?

----------------------------------
when all is said and done...more will be said then done

Posts: 134 | Location: alaska | Registered: 26 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Try this:

Press down on recoil spring plug (located just below muzzle) and at the same time rotate the barrel bushing counterclockwise about 1/4 turn and then pull the bushing forward and out.

Using a screw driver, push the recoil spring plug in and turn it about a half turn to the left or right and hang on. The plug will be under spring pressure as it comes out.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Using a screw driver, push the recoil spring plug in and turn it about a half turn to the left or right and hang on. The plug will be under spring pressure as it comes out

Yeah, and do it in a well lighted room with the doors closed so you won't have as much area to look in if you let it slip....... Wink

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, and do it in a well lighted room with the doors closed so you won't have as much area to look in if you let it slip.......

He says half jokingly

Posts: 1288 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of icemanls2
posted Hide Post
I have a series 80, once you figure it out it will seem easy to strip. I don't use a screwdriver or any tools, it's not that bad to depress the spring plug, Just a thumb will do it. With a lapped wilson combat bushing, spring and guide they shoot very well.

Posts: 442 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 14 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted fries
posted Hide Post
well here is the answer fellas ! took the little darlin out today and what a hoot to shoot. never a misfire nor any feed problems [WHY NOT...ITS A COLT!]. after shooting this afternoon i came back to this thread to see if anyone had an answer but none except "hang on".

well try this out...take one of your fired cases and turn it upside down and place it over the plunger and depress the plunger the whole 3/8 inch or so till the tit holds it down...twist your barrel bushing and remove...push and twist the plunger using your 45 acp case till the hook-y-bob clears the side of the slide where it will come out with the spring. after this it will dissasemble just like the old 45's of my youth...with a couple diff parts thrown in in the slide and frame.

hope this helps another puzzeled chap like myself

----------------------------------
when all is said and done...more will be said then done

Posts: 134 | Location: alaska | Registered: 26 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Sorry we couldn't have been any help. Maybe next time.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The easiest way I've found to disassemble my Officers ACP is to just pull the slide back to the disassembly notch, pull the slide stop out and let the slide slowley off the frame. Goes back together the same way. If your using the Ed Brown plug, you have to do it this way anyway. Greg

Posts: 115 | Location: Woodlawn Tennessee | Registered: 30 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greatnorth:
The easiest way I've found to disassemble my Officers ACP is to just pull the slide back to the disassembly notch, pull the slide stop out and let the slide slowly off the frame. Goes back together the same way. If your using the Ed Brown plug, you have to do it this way anyway. Greg

That's exactly how i do mine.

Paz

458AR & 500AR owner (yes it is done dancing )
12GFH in the pipeline(but not a real one, just a "mini one"!!
The single shot on fine and beautiful lines built by a master craftsman is indeed a gentleman's piece...
Colonel Townsend Whelen

Posts: 105 | Location: N.S.W. Australia | Registered: 05 August 2008Reply With Quote