New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small ring actions and constraints
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am aware of the concerns about the small ring Mausers. Are other actions with similar dimensions seen as small ring? If not, why not?
Do the same constraints apply to other actions or just to Mausers?

Posts: 132 | Location: Kenai Peninsula,Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure what you mean about "concerns" A 95 or 96 compared to small ring 98 is sorta like comparing oranges to apples.

There are small ring /large thread acions that MAY give some concern..but there are small ring/small threads actions that (within reason) cause no concern whatsoever.

You might think, of giving us some difinitive example

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Duane
I apologize for the imprecise language. I am thinking of the small ring Mauser, the 1903 Springfield. the Mod 70, the mod 700. The diameters of each is less than a large ring Mauser. Why are there constraints as to calibre for some but not for others?
dave

Posts: 132 | Location: Kenai Peninsula,Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The "constraints" pertain to the metallurgy available at the time and place of manufacture, not necessarily the diameter of the receiver.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote