New
Find
Notify
Tools

xp-100 action for a rifle?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have an xp-100 that I never shoot. .473" bolt face. Will this action be suitable to barrel up in 25-284 to make me an Antelope rifle? I have a Shilen trigger for it. Are there good synthetic stocks made for an xp-100 "rifle"?

Posts: 134 | Location: Kirkland, Illinois | Registered: 09 February 2002Reply With Quote
<DuaneinND>
posted
Yes it would make a great rifle- is it a SS or the newer XP based off the model 7. The older center grip actions work well in 600 stocks, or a remodeled 700 stock. ADL versions, and just fill in the mag box where needed for proper bedding etc.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuaneinND:
Yes it would make a great rifle- is it a SS or the newer XP based off the model 7. The older center grip actions work well in 600 stocks, or a remodeled 700 stock. ADL versions, and just fill in the mag box where needed for proper bedding etc.

It is a single shot action. It was a center grip, but previous owner replaced stock trigger with a Shilen, and put a rear grip stock on. Thanks for the reply.

Posts: 134 | Location: Kirkland, Illinois | Registered: 09 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MrnGn....HS Precision makes a will make a stock for you inletted especially for the XP-100...there is a $50 surcharge over their regular Rem 700 stocks.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote