New
Find
Notify
Tools

1956 Mannlicher Schoenour Trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The set trigger broke (two triggers) on my model 1956. Must have been bad metal or something, it broke right in the center of where your finger goes. I called service here in the U.S. and they state no factory parts are available. Do any of you folks have suggestions? Are there any other triggers that will interchange? Steyr USA knows about machine guns and things, but not really anything about the old models.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do a web search under Mannlicher. There is an oline group, cant remember the actual site, that is dedicated to Mannlicher shooters. On that site is a link to places where you can scrounge up parts.

One word of warning though, parts for the old Mannlichers ain't cheap. I just got a set of scope mounts for my old M/S 03 carbine and the mounts ran me almost $200 without rings. You can probably find the replacement, but you will have to lay out some cash for it.

Another option is to have a gunsmith fabricate a new one. Don't know which option is cheaper.

Now, if anyone can tell me where to get a set of rings for a Redfield mount for my M/S, I'd be really appreciatative.

Cheers

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The DST were the same for models 1950 thru MCA (1969). There are no factory replacement parts since then, but every now and then someone parts out a beater rifle. The usual source used to be E-Bay, but that will probably change once there new policies take effect. Bring $$$ with you when searching.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
do you have both pieces? Could be a job for a good tig welder. another option would be to weld a new trigger to the existing half, saving the time rquired to fabricate the actual blade.
Steve

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I meant to post this on the gunsmithing board, oops.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote