New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remove barrel from a Arisaka.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A friend of mine that do some gunsmithing have got his hands on a old Arisaka rifle. He asked me if there is any special "tricks" to get the barrel of the action? It seemes frozen solid to the reciver.....

Anybody that know if there is anything to think about besides the normal stuff when dealing with stuck barrels?

I have only seen one Arisaka rifle, it was on a museum at NZ

Stefan

Posts: 635 | Location: Umea/Sweden | Registered: 28 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This does not answer your question, however, it is a suggestion. Sell the rifle and purchase something (like a M 98 Mauser) that is much easier and cheaper to work with and will result in a more desireable (in most peoples opinion) rifle when you are finished. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Posts: 33 | Location: United States | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Arisaka isn�t a base for a custom rifle. My friend and I is fully avare of that!

He whants to remove the barrel anyway and just want to get some ideas how to do it

Stefan

Posts: 635 | Location: Umea/Sweden | Registered: 28 October 2000Reply With Quote