New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Rifle - $820,000
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who is going to be the first on AR to tell us about the quality and accuracy of the VO Falcon rifle that costs $820,000?

Just web surfing and ran across the article on an $820,000 rifle (that's about eight (8) $100,000 safaris or sixteen (16) $50,000 safaris.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
http://www.luxist.com/gallery/...0-000-rifle/3998237/

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
shockerit only has 1 barrel Eekerand there is no matching pair offered

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can get those HVA push feed receivers for about $375.... popcorn

Posts: 9434 | Location: Here & There- | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No sites and not drilled and taped for a scope.

Posts: 172 | Location: Lockport Illinois | Registered: 16 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tang hole appears off-center and too large for the screw-head. Screw-head is asymmetric and slot is misaligned. Look at "serrations" cut in safety. They appear crudely cut in the photo.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mohan
posted Hide Post
The one shown in the case is a Takedown, the long Gun is a CARBINE ? are they the same Guns ?

Posts: 97 | Location: columbus, ohio | Registered: 04 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can give you the names of at least ten custom gunmakers who can do a far better job for less than a tenth of that. "There's one born ever minute."

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Is this thing related to the Croc rifle? I'll peek in every now and then to see if this thread gets the token defender of over priced wood and iron popcorn

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
That is not worth 1% of the asking price to me.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Butchloc, it shows 2 barrels and forearms! Maybe it might now be worth $8,500?

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
I think it is an exceptionally beautiful rifle. Not worth $820,000...white line spacers would put it there.

Like the damascus too.

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1026 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
At least it's better looking than that damn crocodile rifle!!!

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
I could build a rifle for HALF that price.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wildcat junkie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Hunter:
At least it's better looking than that damn crocodile rifle!!!

That's kinda like saying Rosie O'Donnell is better looking than Roseanne Barr.

GOOGLE HOTLINK FIX FOR BLOCKED PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES https://chrome.google.com/webs...inkfix=1516144253810

Posts: 2440 | Location: Northern New York, WAY NORTH | Registered: 04 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
They both ran through a forest of ugly wood and hit every tree twice!

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I could keep Duane really busy with $820,000...

Posts: 990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It needs a Tasco scope to top it off.

Posts: 224 | Location: North Platte, Nebraska | Registered: 02 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rub Line:
I could build a rifle for HALF that price.

jumping

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13623 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
....but will it take down a ZOMBIE ?

Albatross.

Posts: 2497 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
I really like the bolt handle...
But at a cost of 100,000.00 I dont need one! Smiler

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Didn't Saeed buy two ?. One for him an the other for DRG AKA Don !.

Maybe Walter has conned the both of them out of theirs !. jumping rotflmo rotflmo nilly clap

salute archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rifles worth $820,000 do not exist.

Cliff
NRA Life Member
CMP Distinguished Rifleman
NRA Master, Short and Long Range

Posts: 436 | Location: Fulshear, TX | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Thats where art and craftsmanship cross and vier off the road. Um Damascus barrels?? Not sure If I trust that. Over all it is beautiful but not $820K worth.

I though H&H were off the map. For that much I could buy six H&H's in very nice cases and still have enough to go on Safari

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lot of work went into that, but not worth anywhere close to that price.

As for the Damascus barrels it looks to me that the damascus is actualy an octagon sleve fit over a standard barrel. Look at the muzzle picture, I may be seeing things, but that's what it looks like to me.

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rhys:
Lot of work went into that, but not worth anywhere close to that price.

As for the Damascus barrels it looks to me that the damascus is actualy an octagon sleve fit over a standard barrel. Look at the muzzle picture, I may be seeing things, but that's what it looks like to me.

I think you're right about the barrels

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I don't normally use language such as I am about to, in public, BUT...

I do not think there are words adequate to describe what an absolutely obscene crock of shit that price is, nor the shiploads of fools it would require searching through to find someone to buy it.

If there is a sad commentary on the world of today, in my view that display sums it up neatly.

YMMV. If so, fine. It is my view and I stand by it.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At first, I thought the price was a typo or misplaced decimal. Then I googled it!!! WOW!! This price is just obscene. I don't care how great the workmanship.

Mike

Posts: 72 | Location: grand rapids michigan usa | Registered: 28 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Dane
posted Hide Post
Bla. bla. bla. bla. fu**ing bla: big price, damascus, world class smithing, superb termite food.
So on a $3/4mil+ gun, caliber and sights are unimportant?
Or am i super dumb because i actually thought it would be fired?

PS why is there no pics of the floorplate? To ugly to show?

Posts: 1102 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 15 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is the ugliest Mannlicher stocked rifle I have ever seen.

And the price , nothing but a marketing gimmick! pissers

Posts: 230 | Location: Germany | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
MHO, I've seen many rifles posted on this forum that are much more appealing and easier on my eyes. This rifle appears cold and rigid, not warm and inviting like many of the old classic rifles.

The workmanship and components are, individually, very fine, but the sum of the components, to me, is just not something that I want to warm up to. I would, for sure, pass this up at the gun store for an old weather beaten Griffin and Howe or Holland and Holland. But hey, that's just me.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perhaps something like this instead:

http://www.hartmannandweiss.co...lt-action-rifles.php

This one (and others) has a proper takedown mechanism, not one based on screwing the barrel into the receiver, a mechanism unlikely to stay tight over time.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

MUCH better.

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote