New
Find
Notify
Tools

Customizing a Rem 700 Sendero
 Login/Join

<7mmMag>
posted
I have a Sendero chambered in 25-06. I have other guns that will do anything this one will. I do not have a varmint gun. Does anyone see any disadvantages in taking this long action and having it rebarreled for a short action cartridge such as 22 BR.

one of us
Picture of covey16
posted Hide Post
If you went with a new barrel and converted it to a single shot ,it would probably work.I think you would have feeding problems without a lot of work on the feed lips $$$etc.
Why not make it into something larger based on a .473 rim dia. or download the 25-06 if it's too harsh.
Mabe some of the guys here that can turn a trapdoor Springfield into a benchrest winner will give us a lesson.

Posts: 4197 | Location: Sabine County,Texas | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you want it to feed from the factory magbox,your best bet would be to use the longest case you can get in a 22 caliber,ie" 220 Swift or maybe the wildcats 22/243 or 22/6mm.My long action will feed 243's into the barrel,no problem.You could have a short action mag box installed and a longer bolt stop.

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i would sell it and buy an ltr or vs. shouldn't cost mucho less and be ready to rock outa' the box....
woofer
check your pm's........

Posts: 741 | Location: vermont. thanks for coming, now go home! | Registered: 05 February 2002Reply With Quote