Find
Notify
Tools

Marlin 17 cal. bolt gun triggers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
T-900â„¢ Fire Control

"All 900 series Marlin bolt action rimfire rifles — in 22 Long Rifle, 22 WMR, 17 Mach2 and 17 HMR — will be equipped with Marlin's T-900™ Fire Control System. This revolutionary trigger and safety system features a wide, serrated finger-contact surface conducive to an easy pull, a noticeably improved and consistent trigger action, plus an easily activated safety with positive SAFE and FIRE positions."

"Fire Control System. This revolutionary trigger and safety system"

These guys could make a Yugo sound like a good car! The trigger is a POS, whole rifle actually for that matter. The trigger is direct acting on the sear. One of my Dad's buddies bought one of these rifles, despite pleadings not to. I got the job of "fixing up the trigger". A little polishing and spring cutting and I could get 3#. There is a ton of take up and overtravel. Anyone addressed this problem? I don't want to make it my life's work but if there are some simple solutions I am interested.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I replaced mine with the Rifle Basix unit. Love the little rifle. In .17HMR, it's a tack driver.

Hubert

Posts: 432 | Location: Baytown, TX | Registered: 07 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rifle Basics trigger, I agree. But that adds $80 to the price. May as well buy a CZ 452 to start with.

Posts: 168 | Location: No. Minnesota | Registered: 10 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hated the Marlin Varmint .22 mag I had I got rid of it, it was the worst feeling rifle I owned............there good at levers period IMHO

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think you'll come anywhere in the same ballpark with the CZ, even with the additional trigger cost....

Hubert

Posts: 432 | Location: Baytown, TX | Registered: 07 November 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Do a Marlin Trigger search on RimfireCentral, They have done this job every which way. Got mine down to 1#

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/

Posts: 6 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scota4570:
T-900â„¢ Fire Control

"All 900 series Marlin bolt action rimfire rifles — in 22 Long Rifle, 22 WMR, 17 Mach2 and 17 HMR — will be equipped with Marlin's T-900™ Fire Control System. The trigger is a POS, whole rifle actually for that matter.

You got that right about Marlin.Long story short. Buddy of mine's Marlin 30/30 came with a loose barrel.Sent it in came back same way.I spoke with Marlin new V.P.George R.Woford at the N.R.A. convention.He tells me that Marlin has the least complaints and highest Q.C. in the bussiness.
Here is Georges address.
George R. Woford
P.O. box 2733
Loves Park, Il. 61132-2733
(815)633-2474

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote