New
Find
Notify
Tools

pre 64 model 70 question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is the rear scope base hole spacing on pre 64 mag. (long) action all the same. Ive come up with two actions with different spacing. 169xxx and 192xxx. They dont appear to be redrilled?
thanks elton

Posts: 239 | Location: branson mo | Registered: 28 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Pre 64s are not the same. Especially if made for H&H caliber. I will check my book later on the details.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Your rifles were made in 1950 and 1951. the later one should have the standard hole spacing. Those made in 1950 in H&H calibers may or may not be drilled at all on the ring; so could have been done post factory. None of the pre-war rifles were drilled on the bridge; only the ring. If yours isn't an H&H action, then I don't know. Uness it has a clip guide in which case it wasn't drilled either.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They're both defective. Pack them up and send to me and I will make sure they are properly disposed of!!!!!!

US Navy RETIRED
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 526 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 17 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both are 300 H and H one orginal and one shooter with a plastic stock. Im excited about working up a load for the old classic round. Thanks elton

Posts: 239 | Location: branson mo | Registered: 28 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really enjoy my 300 H&H. Fun to shoot! It's my favorite hunting rifle. Really likes them 200 gr. Accubonds from Nosler.

US Navy RETIRED
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 526 | Location: Seattle | Registered: 17 June 2010Reply With Quote