New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need info on Savage 223
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Help!! I am looking at a Savage 110 in 223, walnut stock and it has the large barrel nut but not the accutrigger. Has a Blind mag that puzzles me. Mag has a spacer on the back side (between primer end and bolt (when bolt is open). I am slightly familar with the newer savages (accutrigger) but have not seen this spacer....
Guy wants $300 and I don't have an up-to-date book on gun values ??

Posts: 253 | Location: Texas by way of NC, Indiana, Ark, LA, OKLA | Registered: 23 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
All of the older 110's were built on a long action for all calibers. When Savage chambered them in anything shorter than the 30.06 cartridge they put a spacer in it and a different bolt stop to make the bolt throw shorter.

You can get a brand new Stevens in a synthetic stock and no accutrigger for less than $300 right now, so that used Savage is not the best deal out there.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Fjold; Have never owned or shot a Savage and was not sure of value or the spacer.

Posts: 253 | Location: Texas by way of NC, Indiana, Ark, LA, OKLA | Registered: 23 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They shoot good, I have one. The advantage to the long action is you can convert it to a 06, or a mag later!

Posts: 1547 | Location: Lafayette, Louisiana | Registered: 18 June 2005Reply With Quote