THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    anyone on here had thier 338lapua TRG-s restocked?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone on here had thier 338lapua TRG-s restocked?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
have you or anyone you know restocked thier TRG-s? what route did you go? and how did it turn out?

one of us
posted Hide Post
btt

one of us
posted Hide Post
Can't reply directly as I have not. I do own three TRG-s (Model 995) Sakos, in 7mm STW, .338 Win, and .375 H & H. As I shoot them only modestly, I haven't run into any problems with the seemingly delicate recoil bedding system. However, I have read of several who have restocked their TRG-s by adding a Remington-type recoil lug washer between the barrel and action face. If I were to need to restock, I think this is how I would handle it.

Posts: 13239 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i rebarreled and added a holland recoil lug and had $400 worth of work done to the factory stock to stiffen the forend but it is cracking, mpi will build me a stock, might go with a sedero type stock.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Serengeti makes a stock for the TRG-S:

http://www.serengetistockworks.com/

IIRC someone there made some kind of replacement bottom metal also but my memory isn't clear if it was them or someone else.....................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote