New
Find
Notify
Tools

bedding a CZ Military Trainer or Lux
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For those who have done it, do you bed just the receiver or do you bed all the way to the rear sight boss? As part of pre-bed testing I fully floated the barrel and it shoots well. I'm considering just bedding the receiver, test shooting, then bedding the barrel to the sight boss if I need to. Experie

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
If it shoots well free floated, why do you want to bed it?

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't get too wrapped up in chasing the ultimate in rimfire accuracy but I've seen where a guy who does a lot of these CZ guns full length beds everything. I know some guys say they are sensitive to torque at that screw in the barrel or sight boss. I know some guys say the actions are a little flexible. I'm curious more than anything because I need to add some weight to the forearm and when I do that I could just full length bed it. Again, it shoots fine and I don't need more precision because I use it to practice alts and can hit 6" plates to 200yds from nearly any position and 8" plates at 300yds prone.

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
To answer your question; I just bed the lug/ring area and the first 2 inches of barrel.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I bed a barrel I either full length bed or just the cylinder portion but the cylinder is about an inch and the boss is halfway down the forearm.