New
Find
Notify
Tools

another broke wrist repair
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Similar situation as with Michael's recent mauser thread, this little mannlicher is a C Boswell and my friend wanted to keep the org. stock. It had been repaired once before and was broken completely into right through the action. When he got it, the stock had been broke again right though the pistol grip. When they had repaired it before they put a metal strip down each side. While it looked rough, they had machined a half inch boss on both ends and inletted both strips. They're wasn't any glue or adhesive at all and just came apart when I took the two screws out. I made a tap out of a long piece of allthread and then tapped both pieces while it was clamped togeather. Accruglased both pieces and screwed it back togeather. put some on the other section and put the strips back in. This was a makeshift operation but I thought it might hold enough to have the stock duplicated. He's shot it quite a bit and it's still holding.

Posts: 201 | Location: logan, W.V. | Registered: 13 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
Great job! I always like to see the before and after pictures of these kinds of repairs.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Impressive repair....I haven't often seen a break "between guard screws" Of course, it's a pity the stockmaker chose this blank in the first place...grain structure is obviously way off the mark...good job!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote