Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Boss Removal
 Login/Join

posted
I pulled a Browning A Bolt (w/Boss) out of the cabinet that I haven't shot for a while. I have an urge to play with it some but would like to remove the Boss. I know I can purchase the CR but would like to just "cap off" the threads and take the Boss completely off. My Swedish Mauser with it's cap over the barrel threads gave me the idea. Does anyone make such an accessory?

Posts: 5 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 26 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The one that I removed from a PF M70, s.s., 7mm Mag. was not threaded. Just a collet arangement held it in place.
Don't know about any others.

Posts: 275 | Location: NW USA | Registered: 27 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just completed just this task. I had a machinist friend of mine take my CR and turn it down on his lathe to the comtour of my barrel. He then cut it off at 1 inch which was the length of the threads and bead blasted it in his blasting cabinet. It turned out to be a perfect match. I now have a 23 inch A-bolt in 300 win mag and couldn't be happier. If you happen to know somebody with a lathe and a piece of stainless, the threads are 9/16 x 24.
No more big blob on my barrel.

Posts: 231 | Location: Abbotsford, Wis. | Registered: 31 December 2003Reply With Quote