New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: reasonable semi custom rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Fantastic Choice! Now check the classifieds to see if the guy that was selling the Ruger 77mkII in 257 roberts for 400 still has it and just have it reamed out to AI. They (the gunsmith) will do a bit of work to make sure feeding, extracting and ejecting perfectly, all in all shouldn't be too much money. (I have had local shop do for me for as little as 50 bucks). And there you have it!!!

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
you have a PM

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM????????

Posts: 353 | Location: Lakeville, MN | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM Private message. You don't list your email address so you can email me and I will send it that way.

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Mine was built on an already sporterized M-98 with the original 8mm bbl still on it. I found it in a gunshop then just added a Shaw bbl, bold trigger, refinished the stock and reblued. For less $ than an over the counter rifle Ive got exactly what I want and the chambering is outstanding. No regrets save the long wait for the bbl.

Posts: 10164 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Homes, sorry my e mail is terminal after Jan.1 2004. Send to Jack_Raia@cromptoncorp.com.

Thanks

Posts: 353 | Location: Lakeville, MN | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A friend and myself are doing a couple of 416 taylors 0n stainless Ruger MKII actions We brought the rugers in 338wm for 375 each douglas barrels for 189 each another 280 to have them threaded and chamber head spaced ect.. Then I well be doing the stock work myself. By the time we put scopes on them we well have 1200 or so in them. If your just having them rechamberd should be able to do it for a lot less.

Posts: 19597 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote