New
Find
Notify
Tools

SKB/Ithaca 100 Top Lever removal
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ok, I have been try to break the screw in the top lever loose but cannot. I am afraid I will bugger the screw head. Does this thing actually come out or is it ornamental? Does the screw thru the bottom of the action hold the top lever in possibly? I want to blue the top lever and cannot seem to get it off. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Doug

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
On the Model 500-600-700-800 over/unders the screw in on the bottom of the top lever and is put in place with Loctite. Your screw may have loctite on it and if you heat it up to 300-400 degrees it will most likely come right out. I would put a drop of 222 loctite on it when you put it back. Bill

Posts: 111 | Location: Downs, Kansas | Registered: 16 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Numrich Arms web site has a viewable schematic of the 100 series SKB's. It's shown on their screened logo but might help with how everything is connected.

Posts: 313 | Location: Alaska to Kalispell MT | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote