Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

VZ33 stock size
 Login/Join

posted
Gidday, what size stock( small or large ring) do I need to order for a VZ33, have had some conflicting information.

Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My reference (Kuhnhausen)shows it to be a small ring.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Small ring standard length

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello

Just be aware that the bottom metal that is standard on the VZ-33 doesn't have locking screws and so is a bit shorter than a normal K98 (the screw spacing is still the same). I got "caught" with this ordering a stock of Geoff Slee.

Cheers

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
So..are you saying it would be better to wait until I pick up the action and barrel and try it in a small ring mauser stock?

Cheers
Jeff.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A small ring stock is a bad description. A typical small ring mauser stock is intended for 93, 94, 95, , and 96 mausers. They all have the short distance between guard screws.

You will need a 98 length action that is semi-inlet or you can have a stock duplicator cut one out special to your barreled action. A vz-33 or 33/40 is worth spending a little money on. in a pinch you can use a standard 98 stock and glass in the ring.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1621 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ok thanks, I have Husky 1640 small ring 98 mauser, so the vz33 should fit that ok??

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used a husky as a pattern for a Kar98a small ring 98 once. The barreled action fit in pretty good but the bottom was a little off.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1621 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
If you are making a pattern, a very simple thing to do is use a std 98 stock, glass in the receiver to fill in the void around the front ring, then have it duplicated.

FLA3006 said it best, you want to ask for a standeard length small ring 98 if you are looking for a drop in stock.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote