New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sling source?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone have a source for "old style" (less than 1" wide) leather slings? The type that fits those tiny old factory sling swivels. Preferably without tooled scenes of deer and birds.

If nobody knows a source, I'll probably turn to a local Amish harness maker to turn out a few. Anyone else need any?

Posts: 497 | Location: Lewistown, PA USA | Registered: 21 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Try Brownells. The Latigo is best & its quality leather but it is over 1" wide.

------------------
NRA Life member

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check with your local shoemaker or (if you have one) saddlery. These guys can ususally make anything you want in leather and are pretty reasonable about price. - Dan

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found a classy old sling with canvas strap and leather strap & buckles in the Numrich/Gun Parts catalog. It was cheap if I recall, less than $10 and is made for 3/4" sling swivels. It may have been in the military surplus section of the catalog.

Posts: 1283 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cabela's sells slings in about every shape, size and material you could want.

Posts: 598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 16 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Try Dick Murray of Murray Custom Leather in Aledo, TX. He makes all types of leather hunting and shooting accessories. I have some of his plain leather slings (about $40)and they are quite nice. I don't have his number handy, but I've seen it posted on this forum. Maybe Ray had it?

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
I second Murray Custom leather, I have two of his. Sent a pair of swivels to him and he cut a strap to fit. Excellent work and feel to his leather.

If you are looking for those cool European slings, Cape Outfitters had them on sale.

------------------

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at 'Trader Keith's'. They have a quality sling(leather ends/web body). Very classy. I have two and like them alot.
SAM

Posts: 702 | Location: Lenoir. N.C. | Registered: 18 September 2000Reply With Quote