Find
Notify
Tools

Polishing Stones - What to buy??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Friends-

I have been studying Jack Belk's pictures regarding polishing rifle actions and with some encouragement of several AR Board members, I am about to embark on a project of polishing a mil-surp Mauser action and converting it into a sporter. One of my supporters has suggested I order my polishing stones and materials from MSC. Or, would you suggest Brownells?

My question is a simple one; what do I buy? I was wondering if my fellow board members could help me in coming up with a shopping list.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Order from MSC not Brownells. The stones Brownells carries are not as big as MSC. You want some india stones. They now make them in single grits. Get the 8"x2"x1" size. Since I don't have a surface grinder. I remove the crests with my mill and then use a coarse stone to get everything round again. Then procede up in finer grits. I'll send you an email withthe shopping list.

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Z1R-

Thanks for the information. I appreciate your help.

Best regards,

Posts: 1323 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Dear z1r

Could you post the shopping list here? I'm considering this too, and I'm sure I'm not the only one..

jpb

Quote:

Order from MSC not Brownells. The stones Brownells carries are not as big as MSC. You want some india stones. They now make them in single grits. Get the 8"x2"x1" size. Since I don't have a surface grinder. I remove the crests with my mill and then use a coarse stone to get everything round again. Then procede up in finer grits. I'll send you an email withthe shopping list.

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote