New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 piece walnut blank
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know absolutely nothing about stock wood but I thought some of you might want to take alook at this. Could be good/bad. I don't know
http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2906

Posts: 498 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Its a nice blank for $50.

I'm no walnut expert but the blank doesn't really look like black walnut to me. What if it were really English walnut??? Eeker

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or stump Pecan. Still very nice figure and probably worth every bit of the asking price.

Posts: 220 | Location: SW Missouri USA | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I sent the seler an email saying I would take it but have not heard back from him yet.

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent the same email, havent heard back either

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He listed some more pieces
http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6
I also told him that a couple of you had sent emails. Don't know why he hasn't replied.

Posts: 498 | Location: San Antonio , Texas USA | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
He emailed me back and I was able to snag up the blank ForrestB posted pics of. Eventually it will end up on my Ruger #1 7x57. He has a couple other blanks posted there also for pretty good prices.

William Berger

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A good friend emailed him at 8pm yesterday and still haven't heard from him. It doesn't look like he took them as they called.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
The seller told me he had it all packaged up and ready to send me. Then I get another email telling me he has sold the blank to someone else but will cut me a deal on another blank. Not good business if you ask me to sell an item out from under someone after you have already promised it to them.

William Berger

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Bait and switch????

The others I saw looked like crap. Sorry, just my opinion.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
The seller told me he had it all packaged up and ready to send me. Then I get another email telling me he has sold the blank to someone else but will cut me a deal on another blank.

Seems real funny to me that the first blank had clear sharp pictures with a cloth background. The the Junk stocks have fuzzy out of focus pictures with concrete with the back ground.

Other that the bait the rest looks mostly like firewood to me.

A "SOLD" to me means just that. Doesn't make a difference which side I'm on. Count yourself lucky the $$ hadn't left your hands. To me he is someone I would not consider doing business with.

quote:
Bait and switch????

NO way to know for sure but you would have have a difficult time convincing me it wasn't.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the exact same story that he told my buddy. I don't know what he is going to do. I will keep you posted.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry guys. I visit that site a lot, but I don't know that Fuzzymuzzy guy.
Let him know that his deal stinks!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not your fault.
Butch

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote