New
Find
Notify
Tools

SMITH CutRifle Barrels In Calgary
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I think Ive got the name and location correct, can someone confirm this or know the contact details? Ive searched the yellowpages but nothing comes up.

posted Hide Post
The barrel maker you want is Ron Smith.
His address is:
RKS Enterprises
Box 635, Wimbourne, Alberta T0M 2G0
Phone (403) 631-2405
Ron makes fine barrels, cut rifled, gain twist if you wish. Now running about 3 months to get delivery.

Posts: 36 | Location: Salmon Arm BC canada | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jclayton,
Thankyou. I was chatting with Mr.Hagn the other day,and he also stated that Smith barrels are a mighty fine product.I was aware of RKS, but did not immediately associate it with RonSmith. Though I do now vaguely remember the two being mentioned together somewhere some time ago. I did ask Mr.Hagn about other cut barrel brands,he showed little interest,indicating straight away that he has tried the others and was extremely confident with the quality of the Smith product.
3 months is not a problem.

once gain thankyou.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Woodjack, you lost part of the quote. "...unless someone is shooting at you it's all small shit...". Ranger School circa summer 1968.

Ron Smith's barrels have won many black powder cartridge silhouette matches, and several Schuetzenfest regional and national championships. He is a shooter. IIRC he flies fire fighting planes during the summer up there.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
I have two Smith barrels (.308 and .375) and they seem to be the equal of a Krieger in every repect. It's interesting that Smith makes almost every caliber except a .277"; it must be a Canadian thing.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ForrestB, are you at the pig hunt with Tigger and Jeffe and Neal? I just got a call, they bought all of the M30's I had purchased at lunchtime today. They all sounded "sweet as a Georgia Peach", rowdy Texicans!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote