Find
Notify
Tools

Conetrol's dimensions - custom bases
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello Guys

Its been years since I had a set of Conetrol bases and rings in hand but I am wondering if they might be a solution to a problem I'm working on.

I need to know what the "bury" of the rings into the bases is, and the diameter of the socket in the base - if someone who has a set of rings to hand could put a Mic to them that would be wonderful.

Cheers - Foster

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The stud that gets buried into the base is ~.220" long and the diameter of the hole in the base is .4375"

Posts: 160 | Location: NE MN | Registered: 07 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gunmaker
posted Hide Post
IIRC the 10-40 hole is .125" from top of base. Make sure the divot in the rings is less. Conetrol sold me the 10-40 screws I used 20 years ago.

gunmaker
------------------
James Anderson Metalsmith & Stockmaker
WEB SITE

More Pics on FLICKR

Posts: 1849 | Location: Western South Dakota | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
What about SK rings instead.

Posts: 6438 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that Guys, That's more bury than I want to work with so your replies have saved me from ordering a set to measure and mess with.

I'm thinking about other alternatives, are the SKs that much different ?

Thanks again - Foster

Posts: 605 | Location: Southland, New Zealand | Registered: 11 February 2005Reply With Quote