Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope Mounting Hole Repair
 Login/Join

posted
I have aquired a FN Supreme that has an unfortunate problem. Someone tried to drill and tap the front ring an messed it up badly. Not only did they mess up the FN crest but to add insult the holes are badly off center.

I understand that the holes can be filled and re-drilled / tapped. Does anyone still make sculpted bases for talley rings that would cover the damaged area? I have seen some pictures in the past. Does anyone have recommendation on a gunsmith to do this work?

Thanks
Matt

One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
I make a set as does Williams Machine.
Can't help you on the gunsmith. Try Kobe, Westpack, toomanytools etc either one of them should be able to help you.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have made them for Mausers, Reimingtons, Winchesters, sakos and jsut completed a pair for the 03 Springfield, How many do you want?

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Just be sure whoever you get to build them maintains the proper ring spacing you desire. Speaking from experience here.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are a lot of people here that can remedy the problem.

I have to recommend Mr. Kobe, he makes a fine looking base! This of course is not meant to speak ill of Kcstott, I just have not seen his.

Of course I make sets too, but they spoke first Smiler

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote