Find
Notify
Tools

Barrel for .475 No. 2 Jeffery
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted
Does anyone know where I might locate a barrel for .488 diameter bullets? I would love to get a single shot rifle guilt in .475 No. 2 Jeffery NE, but I have been unable to locate a barrel blank that would work for this caliber.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Admiral,

Krieger lists a barrel for the .475 Jeffery No.2 but it has a .485 groove diameter

https://www.kriegerbarrels.com/caliber#bolt

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
You could also try the Oregon Barrel Co.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3843 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Krieger, it's a great Ruger #1 conversion.

Posts: 1743 | Registered: 25 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
thanks for the leads - I will try Oregon Barrle Co. next week. The Krieger barrel is just a bit too tight for a .488 Woodleigh bullet.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote