New
Find
Notify
Tools

FN Mauser issued safetyl
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anybody have a source for the old FN safety that fit on the left side of the shroud? I need a number of them and would appreciate any help in finding a source.
dave

Posts: 132 | Location: Kenai Peninsula,Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I have a few old ones. I will look.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ca...=980880B&catid=10270

Here's another version from Husqvarna that is close and looks pretty good too.

Posts: 3780 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any chance of a picture of that safety, I can't picture it. The only safety I know of with the lever on the left is the Brno 21H, or is like the one Bobster posted? . --- John303.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
John, here's a pic of one on a VZ-24. Kinda hard too see, but you'll get the idea. My camera has been " borrowed", I'll get a better pic up in a day or two.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pic., I have one of those myself. It was the FN that threw me - they can be fitted to any 98 military Mauser shroud, right? --- John303.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I picked up a couple with shrouds from Jim Wisner a few years ago. Not sure if he has more? For me, they are sure better than those that swing on the right.

Posts: 1577 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
skb
If you find them and wish to part with any, please let me know.
dave

Posts: 132 | Location: Kenai Peninsula,Alaska | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you need the shroud also?

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave,
I have 2 of them and one shroud. How does 60$ delivered sound?

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
skb
sounds good to me!

Could you send me your postal address, please.
dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim
I have shrouds. But thanks for thinking of it.
dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you need more I think I have 2 or 3. If you are using a standard shroud you will have to an extra cut in it. Try to find both the wing and the shroud.

"There is a bloody brave little animal called the honey badger in Africa. It may be the meanest animal in the world. It kills for malice and for sport, and it does not go for the jugular-it goes straight for the groin. It has a hell of a lot in common with the modern American woman."
Robert Ruark-The Honey Badger
SGB7x57@Gmail.com
360-918-8283
NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
WANT TO RETURN TO AFRICA CLUB Life Member

Posts: 187 | Location: Olympia, Wa | Registered: 31 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dfcjr:
Jim
I have shrouds. But thanks for thinking of it.
dave

The shrouds that I have are cut for the left side levers so I can't use them for my side swing safeties.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim
Please send PM with pertinent details. Thanks.
dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SG Button
Would aprreciate a PM with details. Thanks
dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
SGButton
Do you wish to sell any of your safeties?
dave

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got two of those left side low scope safties from Numrich last week. 40 bucks for two including postage.

Posts: 29 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Part number 8550A Listed as Mauser 1902 type 45, 1923 siamese type 56. Fit my 98 fine. They appear to be new manufacture

Posts: 29 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I,too, purchased two of the safeties. And they do appear to be perfectly adequate. I think I prefer the shape of the FN but that is an individual matter. I am pleased with the purchase.