New
Find
Notify
Tools

Last August
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I shipped a spauled hard maple blank to a Accurate Reloading member. On the aggreement that he would post pictures of it here on Gunsmithing. If and when all members that were interested enough to say there two cents on the wood quality and say if it would make a great stock. Then he would reimburse me for my U.P.S. charges, to me it was going to be a learning experience about wood lay out ect. Here it is March of 2010 and I have never seen a picture or heard from him again sence he received it.It sure was a learning experience I guess, I trusted someone to much with the same interest as mine.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I assume you have contacted him directly about this to give him an opportunity to fix things? Was there any response? Was there an old thread where you sought assistance in posting photos? Are you looking for help, or just fussing about it?

Edit: Found the old thread. Why don't you shoot him a PM?

Posts: 1138 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 07 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Looks like he hasn't posted since October.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As far as I am concerned it's over , yes I have tried to contact him with know responce. I guess I am just fussing because I felt sportsman wouldn't be like alot of other people and do this. As far as posting I have had trouble logging in and at times just walked away from the computer. For all I know when the economy took it's slide maybe he fell on tuff times.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bummer! I have sent bottom metal to folks here on AR open account..maybe a couple "slow pay" but never (so far) "no pay"

I like doing business this way..a new guy..the first thing I ask.."Do you post on AR"? If the answer is "no" I ask more questions....

It ain't a perfect world. There is nothing wrong (except legally) to ID a flake. I'll do it in a hearbeat just to save someone else from the same bad experience....so sue me!

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I shipped a spauled hard maple blank to a Accurate Reloading member. On the aggreement that he would post pictures of it here on Gunsmithing......

Not sure I understand you. You sent someone a blanks just so he could post pictures of it???

Was he going to buy it from you?

Posts: 1845 | Registered: 01 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep thats right,all I asked was to post some pictures so I could find out what I may or may not know about good gun stock wood and if there was a good report from A.R.Members then just pay me for the U.P.S.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not sure I understand you. You sent someone a blanks just so he could post pictures of it???

I've been wrong before but as I understood the deal the blank was free all that was asked was that the receiver post pictures for comments and pay for the shipping. So he was to get a blank for the cost of shipping and posting pictures. Heck of a deal.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
quote:

I've been wrong before but as I understood the deal the blank was free all that was asked was that the receiver post pictures for comments and pay for the shipping. So he was to get a blank for the cost of shipping and posting pictures. Heck of a deal.

Yes, great deal and he screwed Bill anyway. Pretty disappointing, but that is why I am always leery of new members.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6836 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote