Notify
Tools

Need a screw!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
shocker shocker shocker

Now that I have your attention, I am in need of a Front Barrel Band Screw, evidently Old Style, for an 1894 Marlin in 44 Rem Mag.

Numrich is out and the Marlin Factory does not have any and does not plan on getting any.

Right now I have a finishing nail holding the band in place.

I don't mind a gun looking a little used, but it does not look good for someone trying to pass himself off as a guide, to be carrying a gun held together by baling wire/duct tape/finishing nails.

I am more than willing to pay for the part and shipping charges, or if someone can tell me what the thread count on that little hummer is I might be able to make one or does anyone think it would hurt to drill he hole out and put in a larger screw?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here I thought it was going to be one of those FUN Post !. Your NO FUN !.

Sorry don't have any of that stuff .

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Been a slow week in my house too, I am in need as well. Maybe tonight. I don't have any parts for a Marlin however.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Don't laugh, but the rear barrel band screw for my Win 94 came from a drywall expanding anchor bolt!

I suspect you'll be able to find a workable replacement at your local hardware store, about the only thing you'll need to do is hit it with some cold blue.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Hey will this work?

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=144648

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Many Thanks for that info, did not think about checking with MidWay.

If worse comes to worse, I will just drill out with the next size larger bit and re-thread the hole, you know, improvise.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't ya love it when they use a slightly off size screw. Marlin has been a pain in my butt more than once due to that.

Yes it's cocked, and it has bullets too!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Apache Junction, AZ | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
quote:

Need a screw!

Perhaps you should ask your wife or girlfriend. Just don't let the two meet. On second thought, that might be alot of fun Big Grin. It might also lead to your demise Eeker.

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mad_jack02
posted Hide Post
Might try Jack First

Extreme Custom Gunsmithing LLC, ecg@wheatstate.com

Posts: 487 | Location: Wichita, ks. | Registered: 28 January 2007Reply With Quote