THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another one for the Mauser experts please.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anyone tell me about the origins of the "Flaigs" mauser?

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Iron Buck
posted Hide Post
I know they were a great gun shop/ gunsmith shop in their day. They were located just north of Pittsburgh...about 5 miles from me. They were owned by a guy that used German immigrant gunsmiths & turned out some great rifles. I know they used war surplus mausers from WWII. I never heard of them having their own actions if that is what you were talking about. After the founder died his wife took over & ran the company into the ground until she sold off the property, buildings etc in the late 90s I think.

I had a chance to buy one of these rifles at a great price a few years back & hesitated on the deal just long enough (1 day!) to have it bought out from under me.....I still regret not getting that old mauser!

I wish I had taken pictures of the buildings & grounds before they folded. It was what a gunshop SHOULD look like. Very rustic & beautiful. Made you feel like you were in the Bavarian mountains with all of the cabins, outbuildings & pine surroundings.

Posts: 813 | Location: Wexford PA, USA | Registered: 18 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Iron Buck:

I have one of their rifles in 257 Robts and it's one of the slickest, smoothest actions I've ever worked. Over the years I've seen very few of them and when I had the chance to get this one, I jumped on it. It's one of my best shooters and one of the favorites from among my collection. Just wondering about the history of the outfit that put them together.
Thanks. Tom

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
an example:

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Iron Buck
Being as how you are close to Pittsburgh would you happen to know anything about the Federal Firearms Co of Federal, PA? I have a 300 wm on a ww2 mauser action that was made by them.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote