New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommended Coatings
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking to get my go to gun coated. Any recommendations? I need est. cost and the name. Any tips? Parkerized, etc...

Seem to hunt a lot in the rain.

Thanks,

H4L

Posts: 153 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rogard from Robar is extremely durable against the elements as well as everyday wear and tear. I have it on a few rifles and would recommend it without hesitation for “working†rifles. It is not a “classic†style finish but if that isn’t a part of your plan you can’t do better, IMO.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have several rifles done by Falcon Gun.

It's a polymer that is sprayed on the metal, and then baked.

It is extremely durable, and doesn't scratch off even after hitting against trees and rocks.

He also has a good selection of colors and finishes. I have an olive drab 375 in a camo stock, and another 300 Dakota that is finished to look more like bluing.

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
N. Garrett,

Falcon Gun would not happen to be local to Nashville? Either way, if you point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

H4L

Posts: 153 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 2 done by Falcon. I will be sending him two more. Jeff is a great guy, turn around is fantastic. I had a custom 17 done by Weaver Rifles. Weaver's now uses it anytime a customer wants a coating. Go to Weaver rifles home page he has a bunch of photos. Search Falcon Gun coat. Price is not much higher than blueing. He also does parkerizing.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunt4Life:
I am looking to get my go to gun coated. Any recommendations? I need est. cost and the name. Any tips? Parkerized, etc...

Seem to hunt a lot in the rain.

Thanks,

H4L

KG GunKote applied by Mac's Restorations in Arizona. Service, turn-around and price are excellent. They also have the application of KG down to an art form---they use the correct blasting media, parkerize the steel prior to application of the KG and apply the coating perfectly it seems.

Jordan

Posts: 3478 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote