Find
Notify
Tools

encore 209+50cal
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ted fries
posted
just had the strangest thing happen to me. went into town and this encore 50 cal bp rifle followed me home from the pawn shop. weirdest thing ever.

question is till i get the paperwork from t/c is how do i get that breech plug out around the 209 extractor?

----------------------------------
when all is said and done...more will be said then done

Posts: 134 | Location: alaska | Registered: 26 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ted: I put a swivle type extractor on mine, aftermarket, I think bought at MIDWAY or some other catalog.... meanwhile, there is a screw on the side of the lug, that keeps the extractor in place.. remove it and the extractor will come out..(I use a little antil-sieze on the screw to keep fouling from seizing it up.. HTH Les

Posts: 432 | Location: Wyoming/ Idaho, St Joe river | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted fries
posted Hide Post
thanks les. i figured it out about 1/2 hour after i posted this. just in shock that one of these that i have thrown rocks at for so long actually followed me home. seems like a rite nice rifle and i cant wait to shoot her and see if all the halaboo is real or not.

anybody try round balls in this rifle and if so,,what charge and what accuracy?

----------------------------------
when all is said and done...more will be said then done

Posts: 134 | Location: alaska | Registered: 26 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just light her up with 3 50gr Pyrodex pellots and a 240gr saboted bullet. Big Grin

That's the combo mine seems to like best, and IIRC at 100yd it's still packing the muzzle velocity/energy of the same bullet from a 44mag revolver.
Mine also likes a quick swab with "spit patch" followed by one patch with "Bore Butter" between shots (3 shot cloverleaf groups at 100yd)

Posts: 2124 | Location: Whittemore, MI, USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote