New
Find
Notify
Tools

1903 part question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
hey guys, I am such an fool, but am curious if it is at least excusable in this instance. I have a springfield 1903 sporter that I need to put a trigger on (I don't know where the original timney I sent it away with is any more) but I didn't have the trigger pin. SO I THOUGHT

local shop gave me a standard roll pin to use, but it doesn't fit, of course, as the springfield, where I need to attach the trigger assembly, as a larger hole on one side.

so I ordered a few trigger pins from sarco (and other parts, of course forgetting some and needing a new min. order). they are all roll pins too!!!!

Not knowing what the problem was I got out my dehaas book and looked real close. I need the sear pin!!!

Was I crazy though? wasn't it logical to think the pin that held the trigger assembly to the action was a trigger pin?

thanks guys.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Red,

Is it the trigger that attaches the trigger to the action? The one with a small diameter the goes through the trigger and a bigger head on the other end? I can make you one, let me know.

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The trigger is pinned to the sear. The sear is pinned to the action.

Bruce

Posts: 217 | Location: SW WA | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcp:

Bruce

If he is referring to a Timney trigger, as in his original post, I think I can help. If not let me know.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to your drill bit selection and find the butt end of a drill that fits. Take your dremmel and cut off enough to make the pin. Spring tension hold it in on a military trigger, and pressure from a setscrew holds it in on most after-market triggers. It doesn't have to be a rollpin to stay put.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bcp:

Bruce

Just explaining why it is the "sear pin" that attaches the "trigger" to the action.

Bruce

Posts: 217 | Location: SW WA | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 on the drill bit thing.

......civilize 'em with a Krag

Posts: 291 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 23 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is the sear pin, it is a timney trigger (not marked, but it's an aftermarket of some sort, local shop had it as take off from a springfield and gave me a deal on it. miss my timney though).

jim thanks a lot, that is a very kind offer. you understand exactly what I'm talking about. Sarco should have it, they list it. and I forgot to order the follower, spring and action screws to round out an action I have sitting there that looks funny incomplete. Smiler

I'm excited to be getting back into the guns after so much time off, I just wish I had more money, or less things I needed, to be getting on with.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote