one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted
Gentlemen

What make is this 98 magazine?

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Parker Hale, least it looks a lot like the ones they put on the M81 classics of which I have a few & comparing what I have with your very clear pics there is nothing that leaps out to contradict that conclusion, doubtless someone will though. Big Grin
Steve

Posts: 540 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 07 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep looks like a Parker hale, with maybe a modified floor plate, "Parker Hale" should be stamped somewhere in very small lettering, mine has the stamp on the outside of the mag. the release spring needs replacing (stiffer)if you are shooting a heavy kicker, the first time I shot my 7lb 458WM the floor plate flew apart spring going one way and 2 rounds at my feet....

Posts: 147 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would say Parker-Hale too. I'm 99% sure that mine has no stamped marks

Posts: 1459 | Location: north-west Italy | Registered: 16 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
I have the indentical bottom metal which just went onto a new build of M98. Mine has "Spain" stamped on upper left hand side of the rear edge,trigger guard area, that inlets into the stock. Might well be Parker Hale, but this one came off of a Santa Barbra action longtime ago.
I have several versions of the Mauser bottom metal, but reason this one was used, found it to have larger area in the mag/box. The one I have has a small tab to prevent the floor plate from going over center toward the muzzle. Actually I like it better than the Argentine ones I have.

PS Looking at your photo, can see the small tab looking down on the unit.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Santa Barbara action of which I have owned several & your trigger guard is identical.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 6_5X57
posted Hide Post
It's identical to my Santa Bárbara magazine. Santa Bárbara sold many actions and barrelled actions to Parker-Hale, several years ago.

Best Regards

Ignacio Colomer

Posts: 152 | Location: Almeria (Spain) | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JefferyDenmark
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the many replys.
I was told that it was a DWM 1909 modelo Argentino, and I knew that was NOT true. I got a Original DWM 1909 modelo Argentino now and the resuration of a mint condition DWM 1909 cavalery karabine is complete. Smiler

Cheers,

André

Always always use enough... GUN & KNIFE

Posts: 2293 | Location: The Kingdom of Denmark | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote