New
Find
Notify
Tools

trigger job on Rem 788
 Login/Join

<mbkddd>
posted
Has anyone performed a trigger job on a rem 788 and how successful? If so , could you please give detailed instructions on how to. This seems to be my only recourse because Timmney, Shilgen doesn't make nor plans to an after market trigger. I took it to a so called gunsmith that looked at it for $40.00.
Or, if anyone knows of another manufacture of aftermarket tiggers for a rem 788.
Please Help.

------------------

<Bill Tompkins>
posted
Check out this: www.varminthunters.com
Look up the Technical section and find the article on 788 triggers.
Then check for Canjar or Jewell triggers. They are expensive but as usual they are the best especially since there aren't any other good ones.
Bill

one of us
posted Hide Post
MBKDDD,

The trigger housing for this trigger can be drilled and tapped for 3 screws at the appropriate locations for adjustment of sear engagement, overtravel and weight of pull just like the Rem 700 trigger.

Any gunsmith worth his salt can do this modification, it has been successfully done many times.

Keep looking around your area there should be one who knows about this modification.

Good Luck,
Craftsman

Posts: 1545 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
<mbkddd>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Craftsman:
MBKDDD,

The trigger housing for this trigger can be drilled and tapped for 3 screws at the appropriate locations for adjustment of sear engagement, overtravel and weight of pull just like the Rem 700 trigger.

Any gunsmith worth his salt can do this modification, it has been successfully done many times.

Keep looking around your area there should be one who knows about this modification.

Good Luck,
Craftsman

<mbkddd>
posted
Craftsman,
Thanks for the info, but i havne't found one worth his salt in the Valley Forge, Pa. area. They are all too scared about being sued as the excuse goes.

quote:
Originally posted by Craftsman:
MBKDDD,

Good Luck,
Craftsman

<Pfeifer>
posted
I have seen an old issue of Handloader (Rifle) that has an article detailing the trigger mods (w/ drawings) talked about. I don't remember the exact issue but check your index, it should be listed. I believe it is back in the late '60's or 1970's.
JP

<Crow>
posted

one of us
posted Hide Post
mbkddd,
No need to to get a trigger job on that rag. I have an inside source that tells me your loving wife is going to pawn all of your toys next week.