THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Houge Overmolded - quiet? Block or pillars?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I got the pillar bedded one and it still looks like new. It helped with recoil and turned my 25-06 into a varmint rifle. I highly recommend them. I would put one on all my rifles if they made them.

Posts: 149 | Location: Oregon Coast | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

I have the Hogue Pillar Bedded model on my Ruger M77 MkII in 7mm RM, and it went from being a decent shooter to now having over 12 different loads that shoot under 1MOA...It's a bit scuffed up from spending an awful lot of the last couple of years in the bush, both here and in Africa, but to me, it just adds character.

A stainless/synthetic rifle isn't a thing of beauty to me, just a tool, and the Hogue stock only makes it a better tool for my uses...especially here in the Northwest when it's raining hard.

Posts: 643 | Location: DeRidder, Louisiana USA | Registered: 12 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
I agree to the above comments. I've stocked my custom .338 Win mod. 70 in a Hogue w/full bedding block. A little heavy but it makes for a very accurate, quiet and comfortable rifle to shoot.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote