New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about swapping Brno barrels.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If I had two identical Brno ZKK 602 375's with standard factory barrels, and I wanted to swap the barrels over, how likely would it be that once tightened correctly the sights would end up at TDC and the headspace would be correct on both rifles?

Cheers.

GG

Posts: 500 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't bet major $ on it.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Actually, it is far more likely than any other Mauser type; on the BRNO rifles with integral rear sight bases, the barrel threads need to be timed, and I have two here that are identical in that respect. Only way to find out is to do it.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of speerchucker30x378
posted Hide Post
It might be close but I have never swapped any in the BRNOs that did not require setting the barrel back part of a turn and pushing out the chamber a bit. The only screw in barreled receivers that you can do that with and have it work every time are the Japanese Weatherby Mark Vs. The threads in the receivers are all interpolated. The barrels are all headspaced the same and the barrels are screwed into a universal jig that witnesses them during the caliber and identification rolling.

When I was a kid. I had the stick. I had the rock. And I had the mud puddle. I am as adept with them today, as I was back then. Lets see today's kids say that about their IPods, IPads and XBoxes in 45 years!
Rod Henrickson

Posts: 2542 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta Canada | Registered: 05 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys....appreciate your replies.

Cheers and merry Xmas.

GG

Posts: 500 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote