New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best bang for the buck in a synthetic stock/
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I guess just the fiberglass type as I hear you can't bed the plastic ones, the epoxy won't stick.

Thanks, Rob

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can bed the molded stocks if you roughen up the area to be bedded with a dremel tool.Some people even drill small holes to allow the bedding compound to adhere better.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had heard that, perhaps I'll give it a try on my Kimber Swedish Mauser Stock. Ithink they used Ramline stocks.

I'd still appreciate hearing about real glass ones though.

Thanks, Rob

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have mcmillans on all of my rifles and feel that they are the best stock that I am aware of.I have also owned h-s-precision but I do prefer mcmillan.Neither of these however is very cheap.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob, I think Banser makes the nicest stock for the money. They are available through Brownells for about $150 and weigh about 20 ounces. They require bedding and a paint job on the exterior but the quality is outstanding.

Posts: 107 | Location: Brentwood, CA, USA | Registered: 08 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Todd, any contact info for Banser?

Thanks, Rob

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bansner's Rifles (High Tech Specialties Stocks)
P.O.Box 839
261 East Main St.
Adamstown, PA 19501
(717) 484-2370
www.bansnersrifle.com

Brownells carry their stocks too. They are very good quality and extremely light.

Posts: 1546 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote