Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Model 721 action
 Login/Join

posted
Guys I am planning on building a 35 Whelen Rifle and have found a 721 action that is in goodshape. Is this action reliable and dependable enough to use for this project. It is a very low serial number. He also has a laminated stock to go with the action
that will need to be finished. Any advice is appreciated DRBOB

Posts: 34 | Location: NORTH CAROLINA | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRBOB:
Guys I am planning on building a 35 Whelen Rifle and have found a 721 action that is in goodshape. Is this action reliable and dependable enough to use for this project. It is a very low serial number. He also has a laminated stock to go with the action
that will need to be finished. Any advice is appreciated DRBOB

Sure. The problems with these actions are usualy with the extractor and finding good, inexpensive replacement stocks, but it doesn't sound like you need to worry about a stock, and the extractor issue is easily dealt with should that one fail. Have you bought the action yet or are you still weighing your options? How much are you going to have to pay for it?

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Yes I have bought the action and the stock, he made it a package deal and I paid 375 for both.
He was going to build a 8mm Improved on it but had too many projects going. Thanks for the reply DRBOB

Posts: 34 | Location: NORTH CAROLINA | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote