Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hammer for Old Model Ruger Blackhawk
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone know where I can find a replacement hammer for an old model Ruger Blackhawk .41 Mag. The spur is broken off, but otherwise the gun is in excellent condition. I do not wish to change it to the new style. I thought of welding it up and shaping a new spur, but I have never done this type of job before. The gun can be fired now, but if I botch the job I'll be even worse off. Any other ideas?
Thanks all!

Posts: 2 | Location: Central Alabama | Registered: 14 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 269 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I do not know who has a replacement hammer but you could send it back to Ruger for a transfer bar converstion for free so you will at least have the sixgun functioning again. Who knows maybe they will replace your broken OM hammer too? Good luck

Posts: 204 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 13 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys. I emailed Clements Custom Guns, and he has a hammer for a good price.

Posts: 2 | Location: Central Alabama | Registered: 14 January 2004Reply With Quote