New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Safes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Lots of folks here speak of how many guns in the "safe". Well, I think its about time I speak that way too. A bit too much valuable stuff has accumulated over the years and the insurance man says maybe its time for a safe and I can get a insurance discount if I install one.

Anybody here used a Cabela's brand Safe. Comments? Any other favorable brands you can comment on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check with your insurance guy to see if you need the fire resistent models to qualify for the discount.

I found that you can sometimes get some really great deals on used safes from companies that take trade ins when people upgrade to bigger ones. Check in the yellow pages for safe companies and give them a call.

I don’t know who makes Cabella’s safes but I’ve always found that Cabella’s is a great company that stands behind their products. Not sure how you would ever break a safe...but I guess if something did go wrong with it they would take care of the problem for you.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
I would research this carefully and not pinch pennies. There are lots of things to look at in regards to fire ratings. There is some misleading testing out there. A company may list the safe for a certain amount of time for heat but is that time protection actually at the temperature when heat is an issue or do they start the clock the minute they start the heat? Get a good grasp on what the fire ratings actually mean and then look at where you live. How far is it from the firehouse, what would their average response time be, where are you going to put the safe in the house, all these things come into play when figuring out what you need. I would look at these folks and use them as the measuring stick to compare the others too.
http://graffundersafes.com/

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote