Find
Notify
Tools

Re: I wish this was mine
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
Nice gun, even the bolt's on the correct side!

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And just where does one get a left-hand square bridge (REAL) Mauser action?

one of us
posted Hide Post
blue,

I believe thay are $250.00 a pair.

As to scope lengths they can accommodate....I am not sure. I suppose that it would depend upon several factors...The action size, how close the rings can be mounted to the magazine as well as the scopes overal tube length.

One thing to notice in the photo is that the rings each slant somewhat IN tword the magazine well. I assume this design feature has been implemented to give more lattitude in scope choices.

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen this posted here before.

Neat photgraphic tour of Craig Boddington's mauser being built.

http://www.customgun.com/rifle_project.htm

Enjoy.

Posts: 163 | Location: Mississippi USA | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
Geez, they must be paying Marines better than when I was in! And the bolt handle's even on the CORRECT side! Touche!

Redial

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
WOW...
craig will actually have a CRF?!!?

great looking stock.. the action must have cost a bit... the rest is craftmanship

jeffe

Posts: 39594 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The metal work looks desirable. Perhaps the checkering looks different in a better picture or to the eye?

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
I sure looks like beautiful work, but I'd surely want to see it in person before I got too excited about any of it.

Interesting website. I'm surprised that they don't sell saltwater taffy in addition to the rifles, trinkets, etc.....

AD

one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
Whats the issue with the checkering? I see a few shiners here and there..but other than that it doesnt look too bad. Am I missing something?

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
IMHO, the checkering is amateur quality.

Posts: 372 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
What kind of mounts are these:

Anyone familiar with them? If so any comments?

-Steve

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve,

They are Joe Smithson's & Ted Blackburn's QD mounts. I believe Joe did the design work and Ted Builds them.
As illustrated in the pic. the mounts use a "button" rather than a lever to release and are supposedly very
quick to remove or mount.

I have spoke to several gunsmiths about them and all had very favorable thinks to say. I am considering
using a couple pair for a .416 Rigby I want to have built.

Blachburn Machine

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
nice gun.....even if the bolt is on the wrong side.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dSmith.45
posted Hide Post
pretty. How well does it shoot & feed?

Posts: 359 | Location: 33N36'47", 96W24'48" | Registered: 01 December 2003Reply With Quote