Notify
Tools

FN sxs shotgun issue
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted
Fellas,
Today I bought an older double shotgun. FN 16ga, modified and full choke, double triggers. The nut? on the action to barrel pivot is missing. Please forgive my double gun ignorance. I seem to be unable to find a model number for the shotgun. Does anybody have a suggestion for finding a new "nut"? I'd be happy to provide additional info to help answer the question.

In addition, the stock needs replacing. I am aware that this is a relatively in expensive shotgun, so does anyone have any suggestions regarding a replacement that doesn't involve outspending the realistic value of the sxs?

Posts: 9497 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We need a lot more info and pictures. It may be an FN shotgun that sells for $250 if everything is working properly, or it could be a more expensive one.

Go to this site:

doublegunshop.com

AND READ THE FAQ's. Figure out how to post pics (or at least email them to soemone-I will help you if you need it), THEN post your questions on that BBS. Please read the FAQ's first so you can ask soem better questions. Over there we can help you figure out what you have and how much it will cost to fix it.

Be forewarned that the fix will almost suredly be several orders of magnitude more than the value of the gun. If you are looking for a beater and can take handle it being somewhat cobbled together, plus you are soemwhat handy yourself, then you are far more likely to be happy. Brutally broken stocks can be fixed, short ones can be lengthened, etc.

If you don't know how to post pics, then you can just go ahead and email them to me now at mstokeld (at) hotmail.com . I will be watching on th eother board and when you post your question I can post pics for you in your thread.

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote