Find
Notify
Tools

Martinit & Hagn
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents:

I have seen various posts concerning Ralf Martini and his stock building style. He is regarded as a builder of English style big game rifle stocks.

Can someone explain what makes these stocks so highly regarded whether it be from a design standpoint or whatever?

Thanks,

Jeff

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Two words:

Personal taste

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jim. Personal taste seems to cover the whatever option of my initial post. As to the other part, is there a particular design philosophy Martini follows that makes the stocks desirable or something? I honestly don't know enough to know so that is what I ask.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ralf is among the BEST riflemakers now working and is also a hell of a nice guy. He rates with the great contemporary masters, Duane Weibe, Jerry Fisher, D'Arcy Echols, and damm few others, but, like all these guys, he is usually swamped with work.

He CAN and will build to your tastes, within limits and his style is best described as a fusion of traditional British and German styles, NOT a bad place to be.......

Posts: 2366 | Location: "Land OF Shining Mountains"- British Columbia, Canada | Registered: 20 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 458Win
posted Hide Post
Ralph is also a hunter - maybe not as much as his wife Wink but still he know hunting and the execution and handling of his rifles reflect that.
They are works of art meant to be used.

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is ineffective has either not tried one, or is unwittingly commenting on their own marksmanship
Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master guide
FAA Master pilot
NRA Benefactor www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Posts: 4202 | Location: Bristol Bay | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you handle one of his rifles you will understand why.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote